I know I have written about the Timberland Regional Library before but I think their semi-annual book sales deserve special attention. This weekend is the book sale at the Olympia branch.
- Sale Hours: February 10, 10 am–4 pm; February 11, 1–4 pm
- Location: Olympia Library, 313 8th Ave SE, Olympia
You can get early access to the book sale as a Friend of the Library. See http://www.olympiafriends.com/join/ for more information on how to join or buy a membership at the door. Donations can be dropped off to the library’s circulation desk. Please place your donations in a box or a bag. If you have a large donation–10 boxes or more–please make an appointment. If you have a lot of books and cannot bring them downtown, email the book sale coordinator Irene at Irene.firstname.lastname@example.org. Your donations are also tax-deductible.
Fun fact: Between 1,500 and 2,000 of book donations go directly into the library’s inventory and onto the library shelves every year! How cool is that?!
We went to the sale to stock our new Little Free Library AND support the Friends of the Library. And let’s be real: we both love books.
Some of our finds:
- Bird By Bird by Anne Lamott
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Lady and the Tramp (based on the Walt Disney movie)
- Two Night World anthologies by L.J. Smith
- Watership Down by Richard Adams
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowlings
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
- Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells
- The Shack by Wm. Paul Young
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
- The Northwest Gardeners’ Resource Directory
Coming soon to a Little Free Library near you!
It’s just $10/year to become a Friend of the Library; $15 for families and just $150 to become a FRIEND FOR LIFE. Woo-hoo!
Save the date! The next Friends of the Olympia Library book sale is May 12-13, 2018.
Today’s weather: Colder this morning–31°F at about 6 am. Brrrrr. But we had highs in the mid-40s. And sunshine with no rain. Everything is a trade-off. I wore my sunglasses more than once today! #winning